Today I attended a workshop on CLEWS model by Eduardo Zepeda and got to be a reluctant interpreter for the workshop. I suppose this one is going to be popular soon, so let me save some materials here (CLEW 0). In addition, this could be an useful overview and this is a nice case study to start with.
Updated: There will be a series of training workshop on CLEW organized by Eduardo in 2017 and 2018. Here are the materials:
While looking for an old document, I found some GAMS files which I got from Venice Summer School 2013. My passion for modelling recalled. Sadly, I dont have time for it now, just save them here for later look.
Mathematical Programming System for General Equilibrium analysis (MPSGE) in GAMS by Thomas F. Rutherford
Dice manual 2013 by Williams Nordhaus
Since I left Australia for working in Vietnam, I have always found myself frustrated not being able to access to online libraries. My university’s library is so out-of-date and not useful at all. Thus, I start listing open access online libraries here in the mean time. You are welcomed to add some more.
The International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (with lots of free documents on the topics)
Recently I have received many questions from students and research fellows on valuation methods and particularly on Choice Experiment. From searching for them, I realize that I myself don’t have proper learning materials for newbies. Thus, I will start collecting them here.
- TCM: ecosystemvaluation.org (good sample exercise), its lecture note and some more exercises
- Wikipedia (don’t under-estimated it)
- ECON4910 in UiO. I found this particular lecture note worth reading, especially the NOAA on page 14.
- *NYU Stern’s material 1 and materials 2 and labs, data (or data 2) on CE
- List of materials on other valuation methods in Cornell Universtiy
- Aboutvalues.net: methods and cases
- Ecosystem valuation estimator in the Lower Mekong Basin by USAID; and more description here
“Natural capital” might be a new concept for now, but it will surely be popular soon. “National Accounts” should be more familiar to you, but how to account for national capital in the System of National Accounts (SNA) is a new big deal. On the way of learning, I save basic materials and also some food for thought here.
- The natural capital platform that some colleges and I are trying to enrich.
- Natural capital project in Stanford
- Values method navigator
Food for thought:
- I still think that environmental services are different to ecosystem services. It might be true to say that national capital includes ecosystem services, but you should not say the same thing with environmental services. The natural capital would never be able to include “quasi-option value” is just one reason. But I might find myself wrong down the track.
- It would be nice if we can use GIS to present the ES values and even the natural capital on a 2D map.
Conferences, meetings and seminars could produce lots of food for research and their materials are worth giving another look. So I think it is nice to save them here.
NEU external seminar 07 Dec 2016: Mr Mai Trong Nhuan’s slides on COP 22 and Vietnam
iPFES Final workshop 27 Dec 2016: all materials
Workshops on System of Environmental Economics Accounting (SEEA)
Training Workshop on the SEEA 20-21 Aril 2017, where I had a lecture on SEEA-W
APEC Food Security 19 Aug 2017 in Can Tho City (Invited but not attend)
14/07/2017 in Quang Binh – Hội thảo Lồng ghép thích ứng biến đổi khí hậu trong quá trình hoạch định chính sách (Invited but not attend)
21/08/2017 in Hanoi – Workshop on Solar PV development in Vietnam: recent trends and
22-23/08/2017 in Hilton, Hanoi – Regional Capacity Development Workshop on Emerging Carbon Market Mechanisms and a backup link
28-29/08/2017 in HCMC – Developing, Financing and Investing in Solar PV projects in LM countries
18-23/09/2017 in Tongji Uni – Asia-Pacific Leadership Programme on Environment for Sustainable Development.
30/11/2017 in Hanoi – SEU-HN Final workshop