While looking for an old document, I found some GAMS files which I got from Venice Summer School 2013. My passion for modelling recalled. Sadly, I dont have time for it now, just save them here for later look.
GAMS for environmental economic modelling and you can find more here.
Mathematical Programming System for General Equilibrium analysis (MPSGE) in GAMS by Thomas F. Rutherford
Dice manual 2013 by Williams Nordhaus
Since I left Australia for working in Vietnam, I have always found myself frustrated not being able to access to online libraries. My university’s library is so out-of-date and not useful at all. Thus, I start listing open access online libraries here in the mean time. You are welcomed to add some more.
Springer open access
Recently I have received many questions from students and research fellows on valuation methods and particularly on Choice Experiment. From searching for them, I realize that I myself don’t have proper learning materials for newbies. Thus, I will start collecting them here.
- TCM: ecosystemvaluation.org (good sample exercise), its lecture note and some more exercises
- Wikipedia (don’t under-estimated it)
- ECON4910 in UiO. I found this particular lecture note worth reading, especially the NOAA on page 14.
- *NYU Stern’s material 1 and materials 2 and labs, data (or data 2) on CE
- List of materials on other valuation methods in Cornell Universtiy
“Natural capital” might be a new concept for now, but it will surely be popular soon. “National Accounts” should be more familiar to you, but how to account for national capital in the System of National Accounts (SNA) is a new big deal. On the way of learning, I save basic materials and also some food for thought here.
- The natural capital platform that some colleges and I are trying to enrich.
- Natural capital project in Stanford
- Values method navigator
Food for thought:
- I still think that environmental services are different to ecosystem services. It might be true to say that national capital includes ecosystem services, but you should not say the same thing with environmental services. The natural capital would never be able to include “quasi-option value” is just one reason. But I might find myself wrong down the track.
- It would be nice if we can use GIS to present the ES values and even the natural capital on a 2D map.
Conferences, meetings and seminars could produce lots of food for research and their materials are worth giving another look. So I think it is nice to save them here.
IFS- SEARCA Aug2016 on Collaborative Research: Slides, Readings, related links (CCAFS climate, CCAFS climate analog, CCAFS big facts)
EEPSEA Aug2016 on Ecosystem Accounting: Slides, Exercises, Readings, related links (Environmental Accounting in practice – AUS, Phils)
NEU external seminar 07 Dec 2016: Mr Mai Trong Nhuan’s slides on COP 22 and Vietnam
iPFES Final workshop 27 Dec 2016: all materials
Consultative Workshop on project communication strategy (Project “Conservation of critical wetland protected areas and linked landscapes” on 04 April 2017: website and ICMP videos (success stories)
Workshops on System of Environmental Economics Accounting (SEEA)
Training Workshop on the SEEA 20-21 Aril 2017, where I had a lecture on SEEA-W
Thầy tổng hợp các slide bài giảng ở đây để các bạn sinh viên tiện truy cập và tài xuống.
Chú ý, số lượng và nội dung slide bài giảng sẽ được chỉnh sửa, cập nhật liên tục trong quá trình dạy và học. Các bạn sinh viên kiểm tra thường xuyên để có tài liệu mới nhất nhé!
- Môn Kinh tế và Quản lý Môi trường Chính Quy 3 Tín Chỉ (Environmental Economics and Management): KT-QLMT CQ3TC (Updated 25/04/2017)
- Môn Kinh tế và Quản lý Môi trường Chính Quy 2 Tín Chỉ (Environmental Economics and Management): KT-QLMT CQ2TC (Updated 5/1/2016)
- Môn Lượng giá kinh tế tài nguyên và Môi trường (Environmental and Resource Valuation): LGKTTNMT (Updated 29/10/2015)
- Môn Phân tích chi phí-lợi ích (Cost-benefit Analysis): CBA
- Môn Kinh tế học biến đổi khí hậu (Economics of Climate Change): ECC, REF1, REF2
- Môn Địa lý Kinh tế (Economic Geography): DLKT
- Môn Cơ sở khoa học môi trường (Environmental Science): CSKHMT