Recently I have received many questions from students and research fellows on valuation methods and particularly on Choice Experiment. From searching for them, I realize that I myself don’t have proper learning materials for newbies. Thus, I will start collecting them here.
- TCM: ecosystemvaluation.org (good sample exercise), its lecture note and some more exercises; Fast TCM by CBA builder (not accurate but fast)
- Wikipedia (don’t under-estimated it)
- ECON4910 in UiO. I found this particular lecture note worth reading, especially the NOAA on page 14.
- *NYU Stern’s material 1 and materials 2 and labs, data (or data 2) on CE
- List of materials on other valuation methods in Cornell Universtiy
- Aboutvalues.net: methods and cases
- Ecosystem valuation estimator in the Lower Mekong Basin by USAID; and more description here
- **APFNet’s course on ecosystem valuation, which links to plenty of valuable works (e.g. =>
- CVM: Start with this: Carson, R. T., & Hanemann, W. M. (2005). Contingent valuation. In Handbook of environmental economics (Vol. 2, pp. 821-936).FAO , John Bloomis, Randall* (or this), and the ubc.ca*
Calculate WTP from simple CVM1 (old method); simple CVM2 (abit more modern),and double-bounced CVM
- *Case studies of valuation method (great for making exercises)
- Phuong Duy Nguyen’s writing on the method, and many others